10a NCAC 27g .5503 OPERATIONS
(a) Hours. Each facility shall be available for client attendance at least six hours per day (exclusive of transportation time), five days per week.
(b) Business Practices:
(1) Supplies, materials or tools, if provided by the sheltered workshop, shall be identified as a separate amount in the bid price.
(2) Wages paid to clients shall be on a piece rate or hourly commensurate wage basis.
(3) Each client involved in productive work shall receive a written statement for each pay period which indicates gross pay, hours worked and deductions.
(4) Prices for goods produced in the facility shall be equal to or exceed the cost of production (including commensurate wages, overhead, tools and materials).
(5) Clients shall be counseled concerning their rights and responsibilities in such matters as wages, hours, working conditions, social security, redress for injury and the consequences of their own tortious or unethical conduct.
(c) Safety Committee. A safety committee comprised of staff members and client representatives shall be appointed to review accident reports and to monitor the facility for safety. The committee shall meet at least quarterly. Minutes shall be kept of all meetings and submitted to the Program Director.
(d) Handbook. Each facility shall have a client handbook including, but not limited to, information about services and activities.
(1) The client handbook shall be written in a manner comprehensible to clients and reflective of adult status.
(2) Each client shall be given a handbook, and the handbook shall be reviewed with the client.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C‑26; 143B‑147;
Eff. May 1, 1996.