10A NCAC 28A .0302 INFORMING STATE FACILITY EMPLOYEES
The State Facility Director shall assure that all state facility employees are informed of the rights of clients and shall develop a policy which includes but is not limited to the following:
(1) specifying who is responsible for informing new and existing state facility employees;
(2) distributing written copies of client rights as specified in Article 3 of Chapter 122C to all state facility employees and obtaining documentation that state facility employees have read and understand the client rights;
(3) obtaining documentation that qualified professionals on staff have read and understand client rights as specified in Article 3 of Chapter 122C of the N.C. General Statutes and regulations as specified in 10A NCAC 28A through 28D;
(4) establishing a procedure for training or updating state facility employees' awareness of client rights as specified in Article 3 of Chapter 122C of the N.C. General Statutes, 10A NCAC 28A, 28B, 28C, and 28D, and through state facility policy at least annually and whenever changes occur. Such education shall be documented; and
(5) identifying individuals who can be contacted to answer questions regarding rights.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C‑51; 131E‑67; 143B‑147;
Eff. October 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1989;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. June 24, 2017.