10A NCAC 28F .0705 DOROTHEA DIX HOSPITAL DEAF UNIT
(a) The Director of Admissions at Dorothea Dix Hospital shall forward the information required in Rule .0704 of this Section to the Coordinator of the Deaf Unit.
(b) The Director of Admissions, the Coordinator of the Deaf Unit, and the responsible professional at the sending facility shall mutually determine the date of transfer.
(c) The Director of Admissions and the Coordinator of the Deaf Unit may refuse to accept a transfer if the client is determined to be inappropriate for transfer:
(1) the Coordinator of the Deaf Unit shall consult with the State Coordinator of Mental Health Services for the Deaf; and
(2) such refusal of transfer shall be documented by both facilities involved, in order to provide background information should a review of the decision be requested.
(d) The Dorothea Dix Hospital Admissions Office shall:
(1) complete a new "Identification/Face Sheet-Form A" upon receiving a transferred client; and
(2) incorporate into the primary client record, information which is generated by the DDHDU.
(e) The DDHDU treatment team and the appropriate area program shall be responsible for discharge planning, and shall ensure that:
(1) all transferred clients shall be directly discharged from the DDHDU to the community;
(2) a copy of the aftercare plan is shared with the appropriate Regional Coordinator upon consent of the client, the legally responsible person, and with the sending hospital; and
(3) transportation for discharged clients shall be provided in accordance with established transportation policy of Dorothea Dix Hospital.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C-206; 143B-147;
Eff. March 1, 1995.