subchapter 28h – wright school
SECTION .0100 ‑ ADMISSIONS
10A NCAC 28H .0101 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
(a) Wright School shall serve only children who are recommended for admission by its admissions committee and meet the following requirements:
(1) patients ages 6 through 13, provided the admissions process is initiated prior to attaining the age of 13;
(2) patients functioning in the slow learner to average to gifted range of intelligence exclusive of mental retardation;
(3) patients without physical disabilities;
(4) patients who are able to relate within a small group "open setting";
(5) patients mildly to moderately emotionally disturbed, not mentally ill; and
(6) patients whose parents or guardians are willing to be involved in a treatment plan for the patient to the extent that the staff of Wright School deems necessary.
(b) Priority for admission shall be given to Willie M. class members according to the provisions of 10A NCAC 29A .0101 through .0106 which are available in division publication APSR 45‑8.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C‑181; 143B‑147; S.L. 1981, Ch. 859;
Eff. September 15, 1978;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1982; September 30, 1981.