10A NCAC 29C .0203 RESIDENTIAL (R‑1) DISTRICT
(a) Within a (R‑1) residential district only the following uses shall be permitted:
(1) Single family dwellings served with public or semi‑public water and sewer shall be permitted on lots with no less than 10,000 square feet and 75 foot drainage.
(2) Churches shall be permitted on lots of no less than two acres.
(3) Parks and recreation areas shall be permitted on land areas of no less than three acres.
(4) Golf courses shall be permitted on land areas of no less than 40 acres.
(5) Elementary schools shall be permitted on land areas of not less than 12 acres.
(b) Doctors' offices and child care facilities, where services are performed for the welfare of the community, shall be permitted as home occupations when all the following conditions are met:
(1) when they are clearly secondary to the use of the dwelling for residence;
(2) when they do not employ more than one non‑resident person; and
(3) when the total number of children cared for does not exceed six with not more than three children under 18 months of age, or if all children being cared for are under three years of age, the maximum number shall not exceed five.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122‑95; 143B‑10;
Eff. March 21, 1980.