10A NCAC 29C .0204 RESIDENTIAL (R‑2) DISTRICT
Within a (R‑2) residential district only the following uses shall be permitted:
(1) Single family dwellings served with public or semi‑public water and sewer shall be permitted on lots with no less than 10,000 square feet and 75 foot frontage.
(2) Duplexes served with public or semi‑public water and sewer shall be permitted on lots with no less than 15,000 square feet.
(3) Churches shall be permitted on lots of no less than two acres.
(4) Public parks and recreation areas shall be permitted on land areas of no less than three acres.
(5) Elementary schools shall be permitted on land areas of no less than three acres.
(6) Day nurseries and kindergartens shall be permitted on land areas of no less than one acre.
(7) A home occupation customarily conducted for profit within a dwelling and carried on by the occupant thereof shall be permitted on finding the following:
(a) that the activity is clearly secondary to the use of the dwelling for residence and does not change the character thereof;
(b) that the activity does not produce dust, noise, outdoor storage, odors or other objectionable effects; and
(c) that the activity does not employ more than one non‑resident person.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122‑95; 143B‑10;
Eff. March 21, 1980.