SECTION .0400 ‑ DESIGN STANDARDS AND REGULATIONS FOR OPEN SPACE
10A NCAC 29C .0401 OPEN SPACE REQUIRED
Open space on the same lot with a principal building shall be provided that is unoccupied and unobstructed by structures excepting the following encroachments:
(1) Architectural features‑‑fire escapes, cornices, eaves, steps, gutters, buttresses which are reasonable in size may project into any required yard;
(2) Retaining walls, terraces, steps and other similar landscape structures shall be exempt from the open space requirements;
(3) Fences shall be permitted within any open space; however, no fence shall be constructed on any property line without the mutual consent of both parties;
(4) Accessory buildings shall be permitted within 10 feet of the rear lot line in R‑1 and R‑2 districts;
(5) Signs as indicated in Section .1100 of this Subchapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122‑95; 143B‑10;
Eff. March 21, 1980.