10a ncac 41b .0322 INTOXIMETERS: MODEL INTOX EC/IR II and model intoX ec/ir ii (ENHANCED WITH SERIAL NUMBER 10,000 OR HIGHER)
The following operational procedures shall be followed when administering a test using the Intoximeters, Model Intox EC/IR II and Model Intox EC/IR II (Enhanced with serial number 10,000 or higher):
(1) Ensure instrument displays time and date;
(2) Ensure observation period requirements have been met;
(3) Initiate breath test sequence;
(4) Enter information as prompted by the instrument;
(5) Verify instrument accuracy;
(6) When "PLEASE BLOW" appears, collect breath sample;
(7) When "PLEASE BLOW" appears, collect breath sample; and
(8) Print test record.
If the alcohol concentrations differ by more than 0.02, a third or fourth breath sample shall be collected when "PLEASE BLOW" appears. Sequential tests shall be administered as soon as feasible by repeating steps (1) through (8), as applicable.
History Note: Authority G.S. 15A-534.2(d); 20‑139.1(b);
Eff. November 1, 2007;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 9, 2018;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2020.