10A NCAC 41B .0323 PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE: INTOXIMETERS: MODEL INTOX EC/IR II and model intox ec/ir ii (enhanced with serial number 10,000 or higher)
The preventive maintenance procedures for the Intoximeters, Model Intox EC/IR II and Model Intox EC/IR II (Enhanced with serial number 10,000 or higher) to be followed at least once every four months are:
(1) Verify the ethanol gas canister displays at least 51 pounds per square inch (psi) of pressure, or the alcoholic breath simulator thermometer shows 34 degrees, plus or minus .2 degree centigrade;
(2) Verify instrument displays time and date;
(3) Initiate breath test sequence;
(4) Enter information as prompted;
(5) Verify instrument accuracy;
(6) When "PLEASE BLOW" appears, collect breath sample;
(7) When "PLEASE BLOW" appears, collect breath sample;
(8) Print test record;
(9) Run diagnostic program and confirm preventive maintenance status of "Pass"; and
(10) Verify that the ethanol gas canister is being changed before expiration date, or the alcoholic breath simulator solution is being changed every four months or after 125 Alcoholic Breath Simulator tests, whichever occurs first.
A signed original of the preventive maintenance record, or an electronic copy of the signed original of the preventive maintenance record, shall be kept on file at the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services for three years.
History Note: Authority G.S. 15A-534.2(d); 20‑139.1(b2);
Eff. November 1, 2007;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 9, 2018;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2020.