10A NCAC 41C .0102 ACTIVITIES
(a) The Occupational Health Section shall conduct programs to help obtain a safe and healthy workplace. The activities shall include at least the following:
(1) support the North Carolina Industrial Commission in meeting the legislative mandate assigned to evaluate and control incidences of asbestosis and silicosis in dusty trades;
(2) supply program consultation services to North Carolina employers to evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend solutions and improvements;
(3) provide occupational health nursing consultation to industries, academia, health care and related agencies and affiliated professions;
(4) evaluate health conditions in places of employment;
(5) implement the Asbestos Hazard Management Program in Section .0600 of these Rules;
(6) implement the Occupational Health Surveillance Section .0700 of these Rules.
(b) The Occupational Health Section shall also offer technical assistance to other state and federal agencies.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑5(3);
Eff. September 15, 1980;
Amended Eff. January 4, 1994; September 1, 1990.