10A NCAC 41C .0606 FEES
(a) The fee required by G.S. 130A‑450 shall be submitted with an application for the asbestos containing material removal permit. The fees shall be as follows:
(1) Fees for the removal of floor tiles, cementitious asbestos containing wallboard or panels and asbestos containing roofing material shall be one percent of the contract price or ten cents ($0.10) per square foot, whichever is greater;
(2) Fees for the removal of ceiling tiles shall be one percent of the contract price or ten cents ($0.10) per square foot, whichever is greater;
(3) Fees for the removal of surfacing material, thermal system insulation and other asbestos containing materials shall be one percent of the contract price or twenty cents ($0.20) per square or linear foot, whichever is greater;
(4) Fees for demolition shall be a maximum of three hundred dollars ($300.00). Demolition, for the purposes of this Rule only, means the act of razing a building or structure, or portion thereof, to the ground. Removal of regulated asbestos containing material from any undemolished portion of a building or structure shall be permitted as an individual asbestos removal; and
(5) An owner of any single family dwelling in which the owner resides or will reside after the asbestos removal is complete is exempt from permit fees. A permit shall not be issued until the required fee is paid.
(b) The fee required by G.S. 130A‑448(a) shall be submitted with an application for accreditation or reaccreditation. The amount of the fee shall be one hundred dollars ($100.00) for each category, except that the fee for persons applying for accreditation or reaccreditation as workers or roofing workers shall be twenty‑five dollars ($25.00). However, if a person applies for accreditation or reaccreditation in more than one category per calendar year, the amount of the fee shall be one hundred dollars ($100.00) for accreditation or reaccreditation in the first category and seventy‑five ($75.00) for accreditation or reaccreditation in each remaining category, except for workers. A person shall not be accredited or reaccredited until the required fee is paid.
(c) The fees required by G.S. 130A-448(b) shall be submitted with the application for each initial course approval and each renewal course approval. The amount of the fee shall be one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500.00) for each initial course approval and two hundred dollars ($200.00) for each renewal course approval.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑5(3); 130A‑448(a); 130A‑448(b); 130A‑450; P.L. 99‑519;
Temporary Rule Eff. November 1, 1989 for a period of 180 days to expire on April 30, 1990;
Eff. February 1, 1990;
Amended Eff. October 1, 1994; August 1, 1991;
Temporary Amendment Eff. November 8, 1994 for a period of 180 days or until the permanent rule becomes effective, whichever is sooner;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1996; January 1, 1995;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. February 16, 2019.