10A NCAC 41C .0803 CERTIFICATION OF FIRMS
(a) All firms who conduct lead-based paint activities shall become certified by the Program. The Program shall issue a certificate of approval to firms meeting the requirements in Paragraphs (b) and (c) of this Rule.
(b) To become certified the firm shall submit a completed application to the Program. The form shall include:
(1) the name, address and telephone number of the firm;
(2) a statement that attests that all individuals to be used by the firm to perform lead-based paint activities are certified by the Program;
(3) a statement that attests that the firm will perform lead-based paint activities in accordance with these Rules and all applicable local, State, and Federal requirements, including all applicable record keeping requirements;
(4) a disclosure of any action by EPA or an EPA authorized program involving violations, suspensions, revocations, or modifications of a firm's activities; and
(5) the original signature, title, and printed name of an official of the firm.
(c) All certifications shall expire at the end of the twelfth month after the certification is issued and can be renewed by submitting a completed application provided by the Program.
(d) In accordance with G.S. 130A-23, the Program may suspend or revoke certification for any violation of G.S. 130A, Article 19A or the rules of this Section, or upon finding that its issuance was based upon incorrect information or misrepresentations that materially affected the decision to issue certification or recertification. The Program may revoke certification upon a finding that a certified firm has violated any requirement referenced in Rule .0808(h) of this Section. Certification may be revoked upon revocation of certification by EPA or an EPA authorized program. A firm whose certification has been revoked because of fraudulent misrepresentations or because of violations that create a significant public health hazard shall not be eligible for certification for a period of 12 months from the date of revocation.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-453.04; 130A-453.11; 150B-21.1(a)(3);
Temporary Adoption Eff. July 7, 1997;
Eff. July 1, 1998.