10A NCAC 41C .0903 CERTIFICATION OF RENOVATION FIRMS
(a) The Program shall issue a certificate of approval to firms meeting the requirements in Paragraphs (b) and (c) of this Rule.
(b) A firm applying for certification shall submit a completed firm certification application provided by the Program for evaluation. The application shall include:
(1) The name, address, including city, state, and zip code, and telephone number of the firm;
(2) A statement that attests that all individuals to be used by the firm as renovators and dust sampling technicians are certified by the Program;
(3) A statement that attests that the firm will perform lead-based paint renovation activities in accordance with the rules of this Section and all applicable local, State, and Federal requirements, including all applicable record keeping, record retention, information distribution, and reporting requirements;
(4) A disclosure of any action by US EPA or a US EPA authorized program involving violations, suspension, revocations, or modifications of a firm's activities or the activities of employees performing a renovation on behalf of a firm;
(5) A list of renovators and dust sampling technicians employed by the firm to perform lead-based paint renovation activities, and their Program certification numbers; and
(6) The original signature, title, and printed name of an official of the firm.
(c) All certifications may be renewed annually by submitting a completed application provided by the Program for evaluation.
(d) A firm whose certification is revoked, suspended or denied because of misrepresentations or because of violations that create a public health threat as defined in G.S. 130A-475(d) shall not reapply for certification or renewal of certification before 12 months after the effective date of the revocation, suspension, or denial and shall comply with the requirements for firm certification as set out in Paragraphs (a), (b), and (c) of this Rule. The Program may revoke, suspend or deny certification or certification renewal upon a finding that a certified firm, or an individual performing a renovation on behalf of the firm, has violated any requirement referenced in Rule .0902(g) of this Section. Firm certification may be revoked, suspended or denied upon revocation of certification by US EPA or a US EPA authorized program.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-453.24; 130A-453.25; 130A-453.22; 130A-23;
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 1, 2010.
Eff. November 1, 2010.