10A NCAC 46 .0211 SANITARY SEWAGE COLLECTION, TREATMENT AND DISPOSAL
(a) A local health department shall regulate sewage collection, treatment, and disposal within the jurisdiction of the local health department. A local health department shall establish, implement, and maintain written policies which shall include:
(1) Provisions for the enforcement of permit requirements specified in the sewage law and rules.
(2) Provisions for investigating complaints and suspected outbreaks of illness associated with sewage collection, treatment, and disposal. Corrective actions shall be taken in cases of valid complaints and confirmed outbreaks of illness.
(3) Provisions for keeping records of activities described in Paragraphs (a)(1) and (2) of this Rule.
(b) A local health department shall establish, implement, and maintain written policies for the provision of orientation and in‑service training for sanitarians. The policies shall include the following minimum requirements for sanitarians providing sanitary sewage collection, treatment, and disposal services:
(1) Initial field training for newly employed sanitarians;
(2) CDC Homestudy Course 3010‑G or its equivalent as approved by the Division of Public Health;
(3) On‑site Sewage Branch Soils Workshop; and
(4) Registration by the Board of Sanitarian Examiners.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑9;
Eff. October 1, 1984;
Transferred and Recodified from 10 NCAC 12 .0237 Eff. April 4, 1990;
Amended Eff. September 1, 1991.