10A ncac 47b .0105 COOPERATION OF THE CENTRAL CANCER REGISTRY WITH HEALTH FACILITIES
(a) Any health care facility that is staffed and equipped for the diagnosis, treatment or follow‑up care of cancer patients may participate with the registry in the exchange of information regarding the referral, treatment, maintenance or cure of cancer.
(b) The registry shall cooperate and consult with participating health care facilities and providers to the end that cancer registries in such facilities may provide the most accurate data available and may otherwise operate in the best interest of the cancer patients being treated therein. The registry will provide:
(1) Quality control reports to assure that computerized data utilized for statistical information and data compilation are correct;
(2) The most accurate and effective treatment, survival and comparative information available;
(3) Educational information available from registry, morbidity and mortality statistics upon request of a professional staff;
(4) Assistance to health care facilities by providing appropriate data and consultation to help the facilities meet the requirements for accreditation as a cancer treatment center, and to assist in the maintenance of such accreditation;
(5) Confirmation of the reported or presumed deaths (including such causes of deaths) of cancer patients to assist health care facilities to more accurately assess patient survival and to conduct more efficient long‑term follow‑up of cancer patients;
(6) Other information for the purpose of follow-up of a patient. This information is limited to the name of another facility or physician providing services to the patient, the date of last contact with the patient, and the vital status.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑205; 130A-208 through 130A-213;
Eff. January 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. October 1, 1983; October 1, 1982;
Transferred and Recodified from 10 NCAC 8A .0805 Eff. April 4, 1990;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2001; December 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 20, 2015.