SECTION .0400 - Inform, Educate, and Empower People About Health Issues
10A NCAC 48B .0401 BENCHMARK 9
(a) Benchmark: The local health department shall provide the general public and elected and appointed officials with information on health risks, health status, and health needs in the community as well as information on policies and programs that can improve community health.
(1) The local health department shall publish and disseminate data and information on current local health issues to the general public, community partners, and elected and appointed officials.
(2) The local health department shall have a mechanism by which the public can access community data and health status information maintained in the agency in accordance with applicable laws and rules.
(3) The local health department shall provide information to the public on the availability and location of health data that are accessible in the public domain.
(4) The local health department shall have written guidelines that it follows in responding to requests for information.
(5) The local health department shall inform affected community members of changes in department policies or operations.
(6) The local health department shall assure that information disseminated by the agency reflects the cultural and linguistic character of the local population as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-34.1;
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 1, 2006;
Eff. October 1, 2006;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 5, 2016.