10A NCAC 48B .0602 BENCHMARK 15
(a) Benchmark: The local health department shall develop plans to guide its work.
(1) The local health department shall develop or update annually an agency strategic plan that:
(A) includes a review and analysis of factors influencing the health department's ability to improve the community's health,
(B) uses local health status data and information to set goals and objectives,
(C) uses community input where applicable,
(D) states desired outcomes for each element,
(E) sets priorities, and
(F) uses community collaborations to implement activities.
(2) The local health department shall develop and adopt program policies and procedures that meet the following criteria:
(A) refer to the federal and state legislation, rules or regulations, or local rules or ordinances that provide the authority to carry out agency programs and activities, and
(B) delineate desired outcomes.
(3) The local health department shall have a written procedure providing for annual review, and revision if necessary, of all policies.
(4) The local health department shall assess the internal and external resources that are available or needed to implement proposed new or updated policies and procedures.
(5) The local health department shall ensure that new staff is oriented to program policies and procedures and existing staff receives training on any updated or revised program policies and procedures.
(6) The local health department shall ensure that program policies and procedures are accessible to all staff.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-34.1;
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 1, 2006;
Eff. October 1, 2006;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 5, 2016.