10A ncac 63c .0202 ELIGIBILITY FOR LICENSING
(a) The Division shall interview prospective licensees as referred by the rehabilitation program and shall make written recommendations to the Chief of Business Enterprises concerning the potential of the referral commensurate with the specific job requirements of the Business Enterprises Program.
(b) To be licensed:
(1) The consumer must meet the definition of legally blind as outlined in 34 CFR 395.1;
(2) The consumer must be at least 18 years of age;
(3) The consumer must be physically able to perform all the duties as further detailed in this Chapter;
(4) All consumers must be evaluated for and demonstrate proficiency of skill in basic mobility, activities of daily living, mathematics and basic food service practices;
(5) The consumer must be familiar with the rules and regulations for Business Enterprises facility operators. The consumer must successfully complete the Business Enterprises training program sponsored by the Division and must be certified by the Division as capable of operating a Business Enterprises facility;
(6) The consumer must be a citizen of the United States; and
(7) The consumer must have no previous conviction(s) of any felony class A through E.
History Note: Authority G.S. 111‑27; 34 C.F.R. 395; 20 U.S.C. sec. 107; 143B-157;
Eff. October 1, 1978;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2009; August 1, 2002; August 1, 1990; February 1, 1986; June 1, 1982.