SECTION .0600 ‑ RESPONSIBILITIES OF LICENSED OPERATORS
10A ncac 63c .0601 GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
(a) The operator must:
(1) perform faithfully and to the best of his ability the necessary duties in connection with the operation of the Business Enterprises facility in accordance with the rules of the Commission and standards issued pursuant thereto and the contractual agreement between the Division and the operator, and the terms and conditions of the permit or contract with the building or property on which the facility is located;
(2) operate the facility in accordance with all applicable health laws and Rules;
(3) assume such responsibilities as purchasing needed supplies and merchandise, pricing, merchandising the facility, and control of inventory;
(4) devote his full managerial attention to the responsibilities of operating the facility in accordance with the agreement between him and the Division and in accordance with the Rules in this Subchapter. The operator is not required to be on site at all times; and
(5) maintain good customer relations with his patrons and with the property‑managing officials at his work site.
(b) The operator shall be accountable to the Division for the proceeds of the Business Enterprises facility, and shall handle the proceeds, including payments to suppliers and deposits of funds, in accordance with Division guidelines developed to facilitate the provision of management, accounting, and technical services to operators, and in accordance with the U. S. Department of Education reporting requirements.
(c) The operator shall maintain a neat, business‑like appearance while working at the Business Enterprises facility, and shall conduct the facility in an orderly, business‑like manner.
(d) In accordance with Paragraph (b) of this Rule, any rebates, commissions, or bonuses received by the operator from supplier shall be considered as income or a refund of purchases and shall be accounted for accordingly.
(e) The operator must assure that the business to be carried on at the facility shall be limited to that specified and authorized in the permit or contract with the sponsor of the building or property where the facility is located.
History Note: Authority G.S. 111‑27; 34 C.F.R. 395.7; 20 U.S.C. Sec. 107;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. November 16, 1977;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2002; April 1, 1990; February 1, 1984; October 1, 1978.