10A ncac 63F .0614 PRE‑HEARING CONFERENCE
(a) Upon notice to all parties, the hearing officer may instruct the parties to participate in a pre‑hearing conference.
(b) The conference shall be informal in nature.
(c) The purpose of the conference shall be to discuss:
(1) The possibility of simplification of issues,
(2) stipulation of facts or findings,
(3) identification of areas where evidence will be needed,
(4) indication of discovery or subpoenas needed, and
(5) any other matters which will reduce costs or save time or otherwise aid expeditious disposition of the case.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑157; 150B-1(e)(5); 150B‑2; 150B‑23; 34 C.F.R. 361.57;
Eff. December 1, 1990;
Temporary Amendment Eff. August 1, 2001;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2002;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. November 23, 2015.