10A NCAC 69 .0502 DISCLOSURE FOR THE PURPOSE OF RESEARCH
Client information may be disclosed without the consent of the client to individuals requesting approval to conduct studies of client records, provided such approval is requested in writing and the written request will specify and be approved on the basis of:
(1) an explanation of how the findings of the study have potential for expanding knowledge and improving professional practices;
(2) a description of how the study will be conducted and how the findings will be used;
(3) a presentation of the individual's credentials in the area of investigation;
(4) a description of how the individual will safeguard information;
(5) an assurance that no report will contain the names of individuals or any other information that makes individuals identifiable.
History Note: Authority G.S. 108A‑80; 143B‑153;
Eff. October 1, 1981.