10A NCAC 70A .0103 REPORTS OF NEGLECT, ABUSE OR DEPENDENCY
(a) Reports of neglect, abuse, or dependency shall be referred to another county department of social services for investigation when the alleged perpetrator is:
(1) an employee of the county department of social services;
(2) a foster parent supervised by that county department of social services;
(3) a member of the Board of Social Services for that county, a member of the Board of County Commissioners, the County manager, or a member of the governance structure for the county department of social services;
(4) a caretaker in a sole‑source contract group home;
(5) a child's parent/caretaker is an incompetent adult and a ward of that county department of social services; or
(6) a minor in foster care who is also a parent/caretaker.
(b) When in the professional judgment of the county director the department would be perceived as having a conflict of interest in the conduct of a child protective service investigation, the director shall request that another county conduct the investigation.
History Note: Authority G.S. 7B-100; 7B-300; 143B‑153;
Effective January 27, 1977;
Readopted Eff. October 31, 1977;
Amended Eff. March 1, 2017; September 1, 1994; July 1, 1993; June 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. October 3, 2017.