10A NCAC 70B .0105 GOALS AND STRATEGIES
(a) The goal for each fiscal year commencing with the fiscal year which begins on October 1, 2011 is that of all the children in foster care receiving Title IV-E Foster Care Assistance the number of children who remain in foster care in excess of 24 months will decrease by 1.5 percent.
(b) The following steps shall be taken to achieve the goal stated in (a) of this Rule. The Department of Health and Human Services shall:
(1) provide a preplacement preventive services program designed to help children remain with their families;
(2) provide a post placement reunification services program designed to reunite children with their families in a timely fashion;
(3) maintain a statewide information system;
(4) insure that there is an individual case plan for each child in foster care;
(5) insure that the status of each child is reviewed no less frequently than once every six months;
(6) institute procedural safeguards to assure each child of a dispositional hearing in accordance with statutory requirements; and
(7) institute procedural safeguards with respect to parental rights to be informed of changes in the child's placement and to visit the child.
History Note: Authority G.S. 108A-49; 143B-153; P.L. 96-272;
Temporary Rule Eff. October 1, 1982, for a Period of 92 Days to Expire on January 1, 1983;
Eff. January 1, 1983;
Amended Eff. October 1, 2011; June 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. October 3, 2017.