10A NCAC 70E .0903 DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES INTERCOUNTY AGREEMENT
(a) Before children are placed in a foster home in a county (the supervising county) other than the county of their home (the responsible county), the two county departments of social services shall agree in writing that the supervising county shall:
(1) accept responsibility for supervising the child;
(2) not initiate placement planning for the child without prior agreement from the responsible county, except when an emergency placement in another foster home or licensed facility is necessary;
(3) immediately inform the responsible county when an emergency placement in another foster home or licensed facility precludes prior approval;
(4) engage in no treatment or planning relationship with the child's parents, guardian, or relatives, except upon request of the responsible county;
(5) keep the case confidential; and
(6) submit to the responsible county, at intervals specified in the agreement, a written evaluation of the child's adjustment.
(b) In the agreement, the responsible county shall agree to:
(1) make payments for room and board and difficulty of care or respite care, if applicable, to the supervising county in the amounts and at the times specified in the agreement;
(2) take responsibility for placement of the child;
(3) make restitution, in accordance with a plan specified in the agreement, for damage that the child causes to the foster parents' property;
(4) inform the supervising county concerning future planning for the child; and
(5) write the room and board check in a manner specified in the agreement, in order to protect confidentiality.
(c) The agreement shall specify the manner in which payment for clothes, medical costs, and allowances shall be made.
(d) The agreement shall specify the dates between which the agreement shall be effective. The agreement shall be signed by the directors of the two county departments of social services. The responsible county and the supervising county shall each have a signed copy of the agreement. The responsible county shall provide the children's services program representative with a copy of the signed agreement, if requested.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-10.1; 131D-10.3; 131D-10.5; 143B-153;
Eff. September 1, 2007.