10A NCAC 70J .0202 ADMISSION PROCEDURES
(a) At the time of admission, a residential child care facility shall obtain the following information:
(1) the name, sex, race, birth date and birth place of the child;
(2) when available, the parents' names, addresses, telephone numbers, birth dates, races, religion and marital status;
(3) when available, the names, addresses and telephone numbers of siblings and other relatives; a record of the child's prior placements with names of care givers, addresses and dates of care; and
(4) if the child has had prior placements, the names of care-givers, addresses and dates of prior placements.
(b) Within 72 hours of admission, the facility shall obtain the following:
(1) a written agreement for admission from the parents, guardian or legal custodian;
(2) consent for release of information;
(3) consent for emergency medical treatment; and
(4) consent for family time/visitation.
(c) Within two weeks of admission, the facility shall obtain the following:
(1) a medical examination report from a licensed medical provider which includes a signed statement by the licensed medical provider specifying the child's medical condition and medications prescribed and indicating the presence of any communicable disease which may pose a risk of transmission in the facility; and
(2) a social summary from the agency placing the child which includes background information on the child, his/her family, his/her presenting problems, and current circumstances.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-10.5; 143B-153;
Eff. July 1, 1999 (See S. L. 1999, c.237, s.11.30);
Amended Eff. October 1, 2008;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. October 3, 2017.