10A NCAC 71A .0502 NOTICE TO ADMINISTRATOR
(a) The county director will not inform the administrator prior to the first visit to the facility that a protective services report has been received, except in specific instances where the county director thinks the assistance of the administrator will be needed in conducting the evaluation.
(b) The county director shall provide the administrator of a nursing, combination, or residential care facility with a written summary of the nature of the protective services report, whether or not evidence of abuse, neglect or exploitation was found, and whether or not a need for protective services was substantiated. The written summary to the administrator shall be limited to the following:
(1) acknowledgement that a protective services report was received on a specified patient or resident of the facility;
(2) the specific allegations in the report (the complainant shall not be named);
(3) whether or not evidence of abuse, neglect or exploitation was found;
(4) whether or not the need for protective services was substantiated;
(5) a general statement as to how the conclusion was reached (the names of persons who were contacted during the evaluation to obtain information shall not be given).
History Note: Authority G.S. 108A‑103; 143B‑153;
Eff. November 1, 1983;
Amended Eff. December 1, 1991; July 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 20, 2017.