10A NCAC 71P .0804 PERSONS WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE STATE/COUNTY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The State/County Special Assistance Program shall be provided only for persons who:
(1) meet one of the following age or disability requirements:
(a) are aged 65 or older;
(b) are aged less than 65 and are disabled or legally blind, pursuant to G.S. 108A-42(a) and the Social Security Act 42 U.S.C. 1382c.; or
(c) are aged less than 18 and legally blind.
(2) reside in duly licensed Adult Care Facilities or reside in an in-home living arrangement if eligible for the State/County Special Assistance In-Home Program;
(3) receive SSI or are financially ineligible for SSI solely due to excess income;
(4) are in need of the level of care provided in licensed Adult Care Facilities;
(5) are not inmates of public institutions;
(6) reside in North Carolina voluntarily with the intent to remain and meet the North Carolina residency requirement for the State/County Special Assistance Program pursuant to Rule .0903 of the Subchapter;
(7) are U.S. citizens or qualified aliens as set forth is Rule .0902(a)(2) in this Subchapter;
(8) meet income requirements as set forth in Rule .0905 of this Subchapter; and
(9) meet resource requirements as set forth in Rule .0904 of this Subchapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 108A-40; 108A-41(b); 108A-42; 143B‑153;
Eff. January 1, 1983;
Temporary Amendment Eff. October 28, 1997;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2016; April 1, 1999;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 20, 2017.