10A NCAC 71R .0104 PURCHASE OF SERVICES
Services funded by the Social Services Block Grant shall be provided directly by the Department of Health and Human Services, its divisions or their local counterparts; or services shall be purchased from public or private providers by contracting in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations governing such purchases. Limitations on purchase of services shall be as follows:
(1) Adult placement services and foster care services for adults shall not be purchased but provided only by the county departments of social services.
(2) Adoption and foster care services for children shall be purchased only from agencies licensed to place and supervise children in accordance with standards established under G.S. 143B‑153(2)c.
(3) Those functions of protective services for adults and children which are the legally mandated responsibility of local departments of social services shall not be purchased.
(4) The following purchases can be made only through direct payments by county departments of social services:
(a) the provision of basic appliances as an element of housing and home improvement services,
(b) the payment of fees for membership in community sponsored recreational organizations as an element of individual and family adjustment services,
(c) assistance in meeting the usual expenses of attending technical institutes and community colleges as an element of employment and training support services.
(5) In‑Home Aide Services for the Blind and Adjustment Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired shall be purchased by the Division of Services for the Blind.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑153;
Eff. September 1, 1994;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 20, 2017.