10A NCAC 71R .0403       WHO MAY APPLY

Application for social services may be made by:

(1)           an adult or emancipated minor on his/her own behalf or on behalf of others in his/her family;

(2)           a parent, custodian or guardian acting on behalf of a minor;

(3)           someone for the applicant if the applicant is believed to be incompetent or incapacitated; or

(4)           agency staff on behalf of an individual in the event of an emergency, or when there is some urgency to provide services, or if arranging for the individual to make application would create a barrier to the receipt of services.


History Note:        Authority G.S. 143B‑153;

Eff. July 1, 1983;

Amended Eff. November 1, 2007; May 1, 1990;

Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 20, 2017.