10A NCAC 71W .0405 RESIDENCE
(a) Eligibility requirements pertaining to residence shall be found in 45 CFR 233.40 and this provision is hereby adopted by reference under G.S. 150B‑14(c).
(b) County residence eligibility requirement.
(1) Adult. An adult has residence in the county in which he resides.
(2) Child. A child has the residence of the person with whom he resides.
(c) Verification. The worker shall accept the client's statement unless there is some reason to doubt it. If there is doubt, documentary evidence shall be required. If any AFDC recipient's visit to another county within the state or to another state exceeds three months, the worker in the responsible county shall verify the following:
(1) the recipient's intent to return;
(2) reason for the continuing absence; and
(3) the continuing maintenance of a home in the first county.
History Note: Authority G.S. 108A‑35; 143B‑153; 45 C.F.R. 233.40;
Eff. February 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. August 1, 1988; February 1, 1986.