10A NCAC 89B .0104 HEARINGS
(a) Oral Presentations. Oral presentations shall not exceed ten minutes unless, upon request either before or at the hearing, the hearing officer grants an extension of time for good cause.
(b) Written Submissions.
(1) Any person may file a written submission containing data, comments, or arguments within the 30‑day period that the hearing record is open for written comments. The deadline for written submissions shall be stated in the hearing notice.
(2) The written submission shall clearly state the proposed rule to which the comments are addressed and shall also include the name and address of the person submitting it. Written submissions shall be sent to the person and address specified in the hearing notice.
(c) Management of Hearing. The hearing officer shall have complete control of the hearing, including:
(1) the responsibility of having a record made of the hearing,
(2) extension of any time allotments,
(3) recognition of speakers,
(4) elimination of repetitious presentations, and
(5) general management of the hearing.
(d) Fair Opportunity to Present Views. The hearing officer shall insure that each person participating in the hearing is given a fair opportunity to present views, data, and comments.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑545; 143‑546; 143B‑10(j)(2); 150B‑11; 150B‑12;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. April 1, 1990; April 1, 1988; October 20, 1979;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 1, 2016.