10A NCAC 89B .0202 WRITTEN INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS AND CLIENTS
(a) All applicants for and clients receiving vocational rehabilitation services shall be informed of the opportunities for an administrative review, mediation and an appeal available under Section 102(c) of the Rehabilitation Act and Rules .0202 through .0228 of this Section.
(b) Written information shall be provided to all applicants and clients informing them:
(1) of their right to an appeals hearing when they are dissatisfied with any determinations made by the division concerning the furnishing or denial of services;
(2) that they have the option of seeking resolution of the issue through an administrative review prior to an appeals hearing;
(3) that mediation may be available to resolve their problems if the Division agrees to it;
(4) that the rehabilitation counselor, rehabilitation coordinator or other designated staff of the division will assist them in preparation of the written request for an administrative review, mediation, or appeal;
(5) of the name and address of the appropriate regional director to whom the request shall be submitted; and
(6) that they may receive assistance with the resolution of their problems through the Client Assistance Program.
(c) The notifications required in Paragraph (b) of this Rule shall be provided in writing:
(1) at the time an individual applies for services;
(2) at the time the individualized plan for employment for the individual is developed; and
(3) upon reduction, suspension, or cessation of vocational rehabilitation services for the individual.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-546.1; 150B-1; 34 C.F.R 361.57; P.L. 105-220, s.102 (c);
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2000; September 1, 1989; October 20, 1979;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 1, 2016.