10A NCAC 89B .0214 PRE-HEARING CONFERENCE
(a) Upon notice to all parties, the hearing officer may instruct the parties to participate in a pre-hearing conference.
(b) The conference shall be informal in nature.
(c) The conference shall be noted in the notice of hearing or in a subsequent notice if a conference is later determined to be necessary by the hearing officer.
(d) The purpose of the conference will be to discuss:
(1) the possibility of simplification of issues,
(2) stipulation of facts or findings,
(3) identification of areas where evidence will be needed,
(4) Indication of discovery, and
(5) any other matters which will reduce costs or save time or otherwise aid expeditious disposition of the case.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-545A; 150B-1; 34 C.F.R. 361.48;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. April 1, 1997; September 1, 1989.