SUBCHAPTER 97B ‑ GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES
SECTION .0100 ‑ GENERAL PROVISIONS
10A NCAC 97B .0101 DEFINITIONS
For the purpose of this and subsequent Subchapters, the following definitions apply:
(1) Grant Agreement. The agreement between the Department and a grant recipient, whereby funds are provided to carry out specified projects, services or activities.
(2) Individual Applicant. A person who applies to a grant recipient for funds or services.
(3) Non‑Profit Organization. Any corporation, foundation, trust, association, cooperative or other organization other than:
(a) educational institutions;
(b) hospitals; and
(c) state and local government agencies, bureaus or departments which are operated primarily for scientific, educational, service, charitable, or similar purposes in the public interest, which is not organized primarily for profit, and which uses all income exceeding costs to maintain, improve and/or expand its operation.
(4) Poor Person/Family. A family unit (one or more persons) whose income is at or below the poverty guidelines established by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget.
(5) Private Grant Recipient. A non‑profit organization, as defined in this Rule, that receives funds or services from the Office.
(6) Program Participant. The recipient (family unit) of funds or services provided by a grant recipient. The receipt of funds by a program participant from a grant recipient in return for his/her work or services shall not qualify that person as an employee of the grant recipient.
(7) Public Grant Recipient. A governmental organization that receives funds or services from the Office.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑323(d); 143B‑10; 143B‑276; 143B‑277;
Eff. March 2, 1979;
Amended Eff. August 1, 1988; October 1, 1984; December 1, 1983;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. April 25, 2015.