10a NCAC 97C .0307 SUBMISSION: REVIEW: APPROVAL COMMUNITY ANTI‑POVERTY PLAN
(a) Three copies of the Community Anti‑Poverty Plan shall be submitted to the Office 60 days prior to the planned starting date set forth in the One‑Year Work Program. The application must be received by the Department's administrative offices in Raleigh before 5:00 p.m. on the submission date. The Department shall notify the grant recipient in writing as to whether or not the Community Anti‑Poverty Plan has been approved or disapproved within 45 calendar days after receipt.
(b) The Community Anti‑Poverty Plan will be reviewed by the Office to determine if the Community Anti‑Poverty Plan meets the following requirements:
(1) The Planning Process Narrative meets all the requirements set forth in Rule .0203 of this Subchapter.
(2) The Agency Strategy for Eliminating Poverty meets all of the requirements set forth in Rule .0204 of this Subchapter.
(3) The One‑Year Work Plan meets all the requirements set forth in Rule .0205 of this Subchapter.
(4) The budget meets all the requirements set forth in Rule .0206 of this Subchapter.
(5) The Plan of Monitoring, Assessment and Evaluation meets all the requirements set forth in Rule .0207 of this Subchapter.
(6) The proposed projects are eligible activities as set forth in Rule .0105 of this Subchapter.
(7) The cost of the proposed project appears to be an efficient use of resources.
(8) The proposed project appears to be effective in having an impact on a poverty‑related problem.
(9) The Community Anti‑Poverty Plan must include:
(A) a statement indicating each board of county commissioners was sent a copy of the plan;
(B) a copy of comments received from each board of county commissioners; and
(C) a copy of the minutes of each public hearing.
(c) The Office will notify in writing the agency if corrections need to be made to the Community Anti‑Poverty Plan. Upon receipt of the written communication, the agency will be given 15 additional days to make the specified corrections.
(d) Each grant recipient shall sign a grant agreement with the Department. The effective date of the grant agreement shall not be prior to the final approval of the Community Anti‑Poverty Plan by the Office if the grant recipient fails to meet the requirements of (a) of this Rule. The agency must operate the project in accordance with the approved application for funds and the grant agreement.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑10; 143B‑276; 143B‑277; 143‑323(d);
Eff. December 1, 1983;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1988; October 1, 1984;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. April 25, 2015.