11 NCAC 08 .1113 INTERIORS
(a) The home inspector shall inspect:
(1) Walls, ceiling, and floors;
(2) Steps, stairways, balconies, and railings;
(3) Counters and a representative number of built-in cabinets; and
(4) A representative number of doors and windows.
(b) The home inspector shall:
(1) Operate a representative number of windows and interior doors; and
(2) Report signs of water penetration into the building or signs of abnormal or harmful condensation on building components.
(c) The home inspector is not required to inspect:
(1) Paint, wallpaper, and other finish treatments on the interior walls, ceilings, and floors;
(2) Carpeting; or
(3) Draperies, blinds, or other window treatments.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-151.49;
Codifier determined that agency findings did not meet criteria for temporary rule Eff. October 15, 1996;
Temporary Adoption Eff. October 24, 1996;
Eff. July 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2007; April 1, 2005; May 1, 2003.