11 NCAC 08 .1115 BUILT-IN KITCHEN APPLIANCES
(a) The home inspector shall inspect and operate the basic functions of the following kitchen appliances:
(1) Permanently installed, dishwasher(s) through a normal cycle;
(2) Range(s), cook top(s), and permanently installed oven(s);
(3) Trash compactor(s);
(4) Garbage disposal(s);
(5) Ventilation equipment or range hood(s); and
(6) Permanently installed microwave oven(s).
(b) The home inspector is not required to inspect:
(1) Clocks, timers, self-cleaning oven functions, or thermostats for calibration or automatic operation;
(2) Non built-in appliances; or
(3) Refrigeration units.
(c) The home inspector is not required to operate:
(1) Appliances in use; or
(2) Any appliance that is shut down or otherwise inoperable.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-151.49;
Codifier determined that agency findings did not meet criteria for temporary rule Eff. October 15, 1996;
Temporary Adoption Eff. October 24, 1996;
Eff. July 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2005.