SECTION .1400 - MANUFACTURED HOUSING BOARD CONTINUING EDUCATION
11 NCAC 08 .1401 DEFINITIONS
As used in this Section:
(1) "Board" means the North Carolina Manufactured Housing Board, as defined in G.S. 143-143.9(1).
(2) "CE Administrator" means a person designated by the Board to receive all applications for course approval, course reports, course application and renewal fees, on behalf of the Board for the CE program.
(3) "Continuing education" or "CE" means any educational activity approved by the Board to be a continuing education activity.
(4) "Course" means a continuing education course directly related to manufactured housing principles and practices or a course designed and approved for licensees.
(5) "Credit hour" means at least 50 minutes of continuing education instruction.
(6) "Distance education course" or "distance learning course" means a continuing education course approved by the Board in which instruction is accomplished through the use of media whereby teacher and student are separated by distance and sometimes by time.
(7) "Licensee" means a manufactured housing salesperson or set-up contractor who holds a license issued by the Board in accordance with G.S. 143-143.11, but does not include a licensed manufacturer or dealer.
(8) "Qualifier" means the person or persons having passed the written Set-Up Contractor's Examination as administered by the Board and authorized in G.S. 143-143.11(h), and as defined in 11 NCAC 08 .0912(e), or a person who meets the requirements of 11 NCAC 08 .0912(e) and is designated by a licensee to obtain CE credits.
(9) "Sponsor" means an organization or individual who has submitted information to the Board as specified in this Section and has been approved by the Board to provide instruction for the purpose of CE.
(10) "Staff" means designated employees of the Manufactured Building Division of the Department of Insurance who are authorized to act on behalf of the Board with regard to continuing education matters.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-143.10; 143-143.11B;
Eff. August 1, 2002;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2004.