11 NCAC 08 .1423 CLASSROOM FACILITIES
A classroom in which a course is provided shall:
(1) Accommodate all enrolled students;
(2) Be equipped with student desks, worktables with chairs, or other seating arrangement which provides a surface whereby each student can sit and write;
(3) Have light, heat, cooling, and ventilation;
(4) Have, if required, a public address system such that all students can hear the instructor clearly;
(5) Provide a direct, unobstructed line of sight from each student to the instructor and all teaching aids; and
(6) Be free of distractions that would disrupt class sessions.
Items (2) and (3) of this Rule are not required if the course is conducted in a field setting.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-143.10; 143-143.11B;
Eff. August 1, 2002.