11 NCAC 23A .0602 Request for Hearing
(a) Contested claims shall be set on the hearing docket only upon the written request of one of the parties for a hearing or rehearing of the case in dispute. Any request for hearing shall contain the following:
(1) the basis of the disagreement between the parties, including a statement of the issues raised by the requesting party;
(2) the date of injury;
(3) the part of the body injured;
(4) the city and county where the injury occurred;
(5) the names and addresses of all doctors and other expert witnesses whose testimony is needed by the requesting party;
(6) the names of all lay witnesses to be called to testify for the requesting party;
(7) an estimate of the time required for the hearing of the case; and
(8) the telephone number(s), email address(es), and mailing address(es) of the party(ies) requesting the hearing and their legal counsel.
(b) A Form 33 Request that Claim be Assigned for Hearing, completed in full, shall constitute compliance with this Rule. The request for a hearing shall be filed with the Office of the Clerk in accordance with Rule .0108 of this Subchapter. A copy of the Form 33 Request that Claim be Assigned for Hearing shall be forwarded to the attorneys for all opposing parties, or to the opposing parties themselves, if unrepresented.
History Note: Authority G.S. 97-80(a); 97-83;
Eff. January 1, 1990;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2014; June 1, 2000;
Recodified from 04 NCAC 10A .0602 Eff. June 1, 2018;
Amended Eff. December 1, 2018.