11 NCAC 23D .0105 NOTICE TO COMMISSION
(a) Upon contracting with an employer to provide medical compensation services, an MCO shall provide to the Commission the following:
(1) a copy of that portion of the contract containing the provisions specified in Rule .0106 of this Subchapter and the method for determining payment to the MCO, excluding those of its terms kept confidential by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, initialed by the employer;
(2) a copy of its current certificate(s) issued annually by the North Carolina Department of Insurance pursuant to G.S. Chapter 58; and
(3) the name and address of all owners or shareholders, or related groups of owners or shareholders, holding more than 10 percent interest in the MCO, and whether they are or have any relationship with a provider.
(b) Persons or firms are related, for the purpose of this Rule, if either has the following:
(1) a financial interest in the other;
(2) shares officers, agents, or employees; or,
(3) if natural persons, are first cousins or closer in kinship.
(c) An MCO subject to the Rules in this Subchapter shall report its medical compensation expenditures annually on I.C. Form 51.
History Note: Authority G.S. 97-25.2;
Eff. January 1, 1996;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2014;
Recodified from 04 NCAC 10D .0105 Eff. June 1, 2018.