11 NCAC 23G .0110 WAIVER OF RULES
In the interests of justice or to promote judicial economy, the Commission may, except as otherwise provided by the rules in this Subchapter, waive or vary the requirements or provisions of any of the rules in this Subchapter in a case pending before the Commission upon written application of a party or upon its own initiative only if the employee is not represented by counsel. Factors the Commission shall use in determining whether to grant the waiver are:
(1) the necessity of a waiver;
(2) the party's responsibility for the conditions creating the need for a waiver;
(3) the party's prior requests for a waiver;
(4) the precedential value of such a waiver;
(5) notice to and opposition by the opposing parties; and
(6) the harm to the party if the waiver is not granted.
History Note: Authority G.S. 97-80(a); 97-80(c); 143-296; 143-300;
Eff. January 16, 1996;
Amended Eff. October 1, 1998;
Recodified from 04 NCAC 10A .0616;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2014; June 1, 2000;
Recodified from 04 NCAC 10G .0110 Eff. June 1, 2018.