12 NCAC 02I .0203 APPLICATION FOR COMPANY POLICE AGENCY
(a) Each company police agency shall complete and submit to the Company Police Administrator the following items and documentation:
(1) an application form;
(2) articles of incorporation or other agency originating documentation, which specifies the agency's law enforcement functions;
(3) names and addresses for all corporate officers and directors;
(4) a copy of the company police agency's insurance policy, or if self insured, the certificate of self insurance (applicable to non-public entities only);
(5) a criminal history record check on each corporate officer and director of the corporation through the clerk of superior court in each county where the individual resided, maintained a residence and place of business over a five year period prior to such application. However, this Subparagraph does not require the agency to submit a criminal history record check on currently commissioned company police officers;
(6) the appropriate fees as required by 12 NCAC 02I .0206;
(7) a listing of the names and addresses of all employing businesses and institutions for which the company police agency has contracted with to provide services;
(8) notification form signed by the local District Attorney, Sheriff and if applicable, local Police Chief, for the location where the primary business will be conducted stating the agency's intent to operate as a company police agency;
(9) at least two affidavits signed by other individuals within the community who have personal knowledge stating that the corporate officers and directors of the corporation are of good moral character as defined in 12 NCAC 02I .0202(a)(9).
(b) Upon submission of the information required in Paragraph (a) of this Rule, the Company Police Administrator may issue a probationary agency certification which will remain in effect for six months, during which time the agency must obtain certification of at least one company police officer and secure a contract for police services with at least one entity. If the company police agency has not otherwise violated the provisions of the rules in this Subchapter or of G.S. 74E, the agency shall be awarded agency certification at the end of the six month period. Should the agency fail to employ at least one company police officer and at least one contract for services, the probationary certification shall automatically expire at the end of the six month period. Upon re-application, the agency shall resubmit all materials required pursuant to this Rule.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74E-4;
Eff. August 2, 1993;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2008;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. October 4, 2016.