SECTION .0300 ‑ CONDUCT OF COMMISSIONED POLICEMEN
12 NCAC 02I .0301 TENURE
(a) A company police agency certification shall remain in effect until:
(1) The Attorney General directs termination; or
(2) The required liability insurance is terminated or suspended by the agency's insurance carrier.
(b) A company police officer commission shall remain in effect until:
(1) The Attorney General directs termination;
(2) The company police officer ceases to be employed by a company police agency;
(3) The agency by which the officer is employed no longer exists;
(4) Evidence is presented that the person has committed an act which would have originally caused denial of the application or an act prohibited by Rule .0304 of this Section; or
(5) Either the Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission or the North Carolina Sheriffs' Education and Training Standards Commission suspends or revokes an officer's certification for cause.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74E-4; 74E-6; 74E-10;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. January 5, 1978;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2008; August 2, 1993; September 1, 1990; November 1, 1984; September 1, 1981;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. October 4, 2016.