12 NCAC 09A .0102 PURPOSE
The purpose of the commission is to raise the level of competence within the criminal justice community by:
(1) Establishing minimum standards for employment and retention of criminal justice personnel;
(2) Establishing minimum standards for the training and education of criminal justice personnel;
(3) Promoting the planning and development of a systematic career development program for criminal justice professionals by providing and encouraging advanced or specialized training, education, and certification;
(4) Planning and promoting the development and improvement of a comprehensive system of education and training in the administration of criminal justice;
(5) Conducting and stimulating research and planning, by public and private agencies, designed to improve education and training in the administration of criminal justice;
(6) Studying the recruitment, selection, education and training of criminal justice personnel and recommending improvements in such methods; and
(7) Maintaining liaison among local, state, and federal agencies with respect to criminal justice education and training.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17C‑1; 17C‑6;
Eff. January 1, 1981;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 25, 2019.