12 NCAC 09B .0414 COMPREHENSIVE WRITTEN EXAM - SPECIALIZED INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
(a) The Commission shall administer a comprehensive written examination within 60 days of the completed required course work for the following courses:
(1) Specialized Firearms Instructor Training;
(2) Specialized Driver Instructor Training;
(3) Specialized Subject Control Arrest Techniques Instructor Training;
(4) Specialized Physical Fitness Instructor Training;
(5) Specialized Explosives and Hazardous Materials Instructor Training;
(6) Radar Instructor Training;
(7) Criminal Justice Time-Distance/Speed Measurement Instrument (TD/SMI) Instructor Training;
(8) LIDAR Instructor Training;
(9) Re-Certification Training for Radar Instructors;
(10) Re-Certification Training for TD/SMI Instructors; and
(11) Re-Certification Training for LIDAR Instructors.
(b) The examination shall be an objective test covering the topic areas contained in the certified course curriculum.
(c) The Commission's representative shall submit to the school director within five business days of the administration of the examination a report of the results of the test for each trainee examined.
(d) A trainee shall achieve a passing score on the comprehensive written examination if he or she achieves 75 percent correct answers.
(e) A trainee who fails to achieve a minimum score of 75 percent on the Commission's comprehensive written examination shall enroll and complete a subsequent offering of the specialized instructor training course before further examination may be permitted.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17C-6; 17C-10;
Eff. February 1, 1987;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2015; June 1, 2013; May 1, 2004; August 1, 2000; April 1, 1999; July 1, 1989.