SUBCHAPTER 09C ‑ ADMINISTRATION OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE EDUCATION AND TRAINING STANDARDS
SECTION .0100 ‑ RESPONSIBILITIES OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE STANDARDS DIVISION
12 NCAC 09C .0101 ADMINISTRATION OF PROGRAMS
(a) The Standards Division shall administer and enforce all programs of the Commission regarding certification and implementation of standards.
(b) The administrative duties of the Standards Division include:
(1) preparing and distributing a compilation of the rules in this Chapter, to persons, agencies, and institutions subject thereto;
(2) creating and distributing forms to aid application for certification and reporting of programs conducted under the rules in this Chapter;
(3) developing and administering comprehensive examinations to provide a basis for the decision to certify criminal justice officers;
(4) monitoring and evaluating the activities of persons, agencies, and institutions subject to the rules in this Chapter;
(5) providing technical assistance to agencies and institutions regarding their substantive and procedural responsibilities under the rules in this Chapter;
(6) investigating and reporting to the Probable Cause Committee violations of and deviations from the rules in this Chapter by any person, agency, or institution;
(7) maintaining records of application, qualification, and program reports filed with the Commission under the rules in this Chapter;
(8) collecting information relevant to the programs of the Commission from persons, agencies, and institutions subject to the rules in this Chapter;
(9) compiling and maintaining the official records of Commission meetings and acts;
(10) transmitting notice of Commission actions to all persons, agencies, and institutions affecting by Commission action;
(11) initiating judicial proceedings at the direction of the Commission to enjoin an offending or non‑complying criminal justice agency from violation of the rules in this Chapter; and
(12) divulging to authorized requestors information in the personnel and program files of the Commission.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17C‑9;
Eff. January 1, 1981;
Amended Eff. March 1, 2004;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 25, 2019.