12 NCAC 09C .0307 AGENCY RETENTION OF RECORDS OF CERTIFICATION
Each agency shall place in personnel files the official notification from the Commission of either probationary or general certification for each criminal justice officer employed or appointed by the agency. Such files shall be available for examination at any reasonable time by representatives of the Commission for the purpose of verifying compliance with these Rules. The personnel files shall also contain:
(1) the officer's Personal History Statement;
(2) the officer's Medical History Statement and Medical Examination Report;
(3) documentation of the officer's drug screening results;
(4) for the criminal justice officer, the Commission's Mandated Background Investigation Form as completed by the agency's investigator; for criminal justice officers employed by the North Carolina Department of Correction, a written summary of the Background Investigation conducted on the officer;
(5) a written summary of the officer's Qualifications Appraisal Interview;
(6) documentation of the officer's educational achievements;
(7) documentation of all criminal justice training completed by the officer;
(8) the results of the officer's fingerprint record check;
(9) a written summary of the officer's psychological examination results; and
(10) for the law enforcement officer, documentation on a commission‑approved form that the officer has completed the minimum in‑service training as required.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17C‑2; 17C‑6;
Eff. January 1, 1981;
Amended Eff. August 1, 1998; January 1, 1995; July 1, 1990; July 1, 1989; June 1, 1986.