12 NCAC 09C .0309 LATERAL TRANSFER OF LOCAL CONFINEMENT PERSONNEL
(a) An officer, supervisor or administrator with general certification may transfer from one local confinement facility to another local confinement facility, or may transfer from one county confinement facility to another county confinement facility with less than a 12‑month break in service. Prior to employing the individual, the employing agency shall:
(1) verify the certification of the individual with the Standards Division;
(2) submit an up‑to‑date fingerprint check in the same manner as prescribed for non‑certified new applicants; no certification will be transferred if the holder has been convicted since initial certification of any offense for which revocation or suspension or certification is authorized;
(3) advise the individual that he will be serving under a probationary appointment with the agency for one year;
(4) notify the Commission, by submitting a Report of Appointment, that the individual is being employed and stating the date on which employment will commence.
(b) Prior to transfer of certification, local confinement personnel shall:
(1) complete a Medical History Statement Form within one year prior to the transfer to the employing agency;
(2) submit to examination by a physician licensed to practice medicine in North Carolina in the same manner prescribed for non‑certified new applicants in 12 NCAC 9B .0104 within one year prior to the transfer to the employing agency;
(3) submit results of the physical examination to the employing agency for placement in the individual's permanent personnel file; and
(4) produce a negative result on a drug screen administered according to the specifications outlined in 12 NCAC 9B .0101(5).
(c) Local confinement personnel previously certified who were not previously required to meet the educational or basic training requirements are not required to meet such requirements when laterally transferring to another agency with less than a 12‑month break in service.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17C‑2; 17C‑6; 17C‑10;
Eff. June 1, 1986;
Amended Eff. August 1, 1998; July 1, 1990; March 1, 1990.