12 NCAC 09G .0306 RETENTION OF RECORDS OF CERTIFICATION
(a) The North Carolina Department of Public Safety, Division of Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice shall place in the officer's certification file the official notification from the Commission of either Probationary or General Certification for each correctional officer, probation/parole officer employed or appointed by the North Carolina Department of Public Safety, Division of Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice. The certification file shall also contain:
(1) the officer's Report of Appointment/Application for Certification, including the Department of Public Safety Personnel Action Form;
(2) the officer's Medical History Statement and Medical Examination Report;
(3) documentation of the officer's drug screening results;
(4) documentation of the officer's educational achievements;
(5) documentation of all corrections training completed by the officer;
(6) documentation of the officer's psychological examination results;
(7) documentation and verification of the officer's age;
(8) documentation and verification of the officer's citizenship;
(9) documentation of any prior criminal record; and
(10) miscellaneous documents including letters, investigative reports, and subsequent charges and convictions.
(b) All files and documents relating to an officer's certification shall be available for examination and utilization at any reasonable time by representatives of the Commission for the purpose of verifying compliance with the Rules in this Subchapter. These records shall be maintained in compliance with the North Carolina Department of Public Safety, Division of Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice's Records Retention Schedule.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17C-2; 17C-6;
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 1, 2001;
Eff. August 1, 2002;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2015; August 1, 2004.